Tuesday, April 30, 2013

España

I parted ways with my travel buddies at Keflavik International Airport and made my way to much warmer waters in Barcelona, where I met up with:  (1) sister traveling abroad for the summer, (2) sister and brother-in-law fresh from honeymooning in Mallorca, and (3) sister and Dad flying in to join the fun.

We hit the ground running our first day and saw as more than you would think possible in three short days.

rooftop view from our first hotel


Museu Nacional d'Arte de Catalunya






Catedral de Barcelona

Gaudi's Sagrada Familia

Ecce homo







Nativity facade

view from the spire

spirespiral



Gaudi's Parc Guell








Gaudi's Casa Batllo 





Las Arenas illuminated (old bullring turned shopping mall)




La Boqueria




street performer channelling Depp

The Mediterranean

honeymooners


A frantic morning getting to the airport, but we made it! On to Munich.

1 comment:

Oh blerg. said...

Yay! Takes me back...